Zoning & Building
Steve Muskopf - Building Commissioner
The Village of Millstadt utilizes a productive zoning and planning code outlined in the Village of Millstadt Code of Ordinances in conjunction with national BOCCA codes. All permits must be approved by the Building Commissioner, Steve Muskopf, or when needed, passed before the Zoning Board and then final approval from the Village Board. For more information on requirements for special permits, please refer to the Zoning Board section of the website.
Permits are needed for the following uses:
- New Subdivisions
- All new construction: houses; garages; carports; sheds; etc.
- Swimming Pools
- Decks & Patios
- Total remodel or renovations to existing buildings
- Setback Requirements
- Special Use
- Amendment to Ordinance Requests
- Electric Upgrades
The following permits are available online. Please click on each link for the form.
- Electric Upgrade Permit
- Sign Permit Please turn in the following when applying for a Zoning Variance, Special Use, or Amendment:
- Special Use & Instructions
- Zoning Amendment
- Complaint on Violation of Zoning Code
- Application for Appeal
- Village of Millstadt Zoning Map 2016
- Occupancy Permits / Property Maintenance Inspections
1. Completed Building Permit Application
2. Completed Variance, Special Use, or Amendment Application
3. Names and addresses of all landowners within 250 feet of your property. This information is acquired from Mapping and Planning at the St. Clair County Courthouse)
All of this information must be submitted by 5pm on the last day of the month prior to your zoning hearing. (i.e. if your hearing is scheduled for February your documents must be submitted to the Village Hall by 5pm on January 31st) Zoning hearings are held on the 4th Tuesday of the month.
Note: You will be charged an application fee, a publication fee, and postage.